Pages

5/26/10

Scales and Weigh-In's and Cake, Oh My!

It's been an interesting week. Feels longer than normal. The kind of week where you have 17 thousand things happen, and it feels like a month instead of a week.

First I had my son's B-day party, which was awesome, but we had cake. I love cake. Then on Monday, my in-laws had us over for our anniversary celebration - and we had 2 cakes, count 'em, 2. One for my son to celebrate his b-day, and a ginormous ice cream cake. I still have said ice cream cake in my freezer, calling my name daily. It's hard to ignore. But then I saw this picture of me and my huge gut - so that's some good motivation to stay away from the evil ice cream cake.


Then my bank messes up. Cost me $120. I don't have 120 to waste on overdraft fees that aren't my fault because I have plenty of money in my savings account. Which was being saved for my family reunion in SC this summer - but now belongs to my crappy, money grubbing, lying, retard bank. Time to switch banks.


So I got 2 blog awards this week. I was like - woah - 2! (2 cakes, 2 awards? Hmm....mebbe I need more cake.) In one week. Very cool. Now I feel super speshul, and like I'm awesome. Which I am. Super speshul. And awesome.

So, thanks to Sylvia at Big Steps 2 Take for this one:

 And to Blue at The Missing Piece for this one:

 I really appreciate it, you two made my day day yesterday - especially after the bank fiasco.

And last, but not least - my weigh in. Now, I had one of those weeks where you feel that there is no way the scale will budge an inch. I felt like no matter how much I exercised, and no matter how little I ate, I would still gain weight. Logic does not apply to a fat person's brain. I think we are so used to seeing that scale stuck in the high numbers, that our brains do not compute when we see those numbers go down. I feel like, somehow, my scale is playing a joke on me - and tomorrow I'll be right back where I started. I hear a lot of stories about how when people lose large amounts of weight, they don't really process that fact for a long time. I never believed them - I've always thought "pfft, when I'm thin, I'll have no trouble knowing that I'm skinny, finally". Well, now I believe those stories. I can't process the fact that I've actually lost weight. I'm in shock.


Yeah, you're seeing correctly - 311. (LOL, I just realized my post last week says 212, instead of 312 - yeah, I wish.) Anyway, 311. Me? really? I've lost 9 pounds total? Why? How is that possible?

I guess the equation of gym + eating better - fatty foods = weight loss, it's not exactly making sense to me. Then again, I never was good at math.

Well, there you have it, my week in a nutshell, my loss of 1.6 pounds, and all the cake I could (but didn't) eat.

23 comments:

Wavylove said...

2 cakes?!?! Gahhh Ice cream cake is my Kryptonite. You have great will power! Come pop into my blog when you have a moment :)

http://findingmybeauty-wavylove.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Well done on the loss!

Keep this up and it WILL be 212 lbs you'll be seeing!

Mmmmmmm...cake :)

brandi said...

LOL... well as it turns out, I ALSO gave you an award over at my blog as well! You deserve it!

http://lavidasubida.blogspot.com

ThunderThighs said...

WHOA! NINE pounds?!?!?! that's AWESOME!!! you are amazing... keep at it :)

Anonymous said...

Excellent job on the weight loss!! Keep up the good work!

Kristy Winters said...

well done

Continuous Changes said...

how did you resist ice cream cake!?!? i would have eaten it in 2 bites ;) good job. sounds like you are determined!

i have lost 50 pounds in 7 years and sometimes, i really cant see the change and think i can lose 30 more pounds. it is all psychological and it takes our brains time to catch up :)

Karen said...

Now I want some cake! Good think I don't have any in the house:)

Teale said...

Whoa, good job on avoiding the temptation of the cakes! And it pays off too! Wooo for a loss!!!

Lindsay said...

Way to go that is AWESOME!!! Good job on avoiding the cake too.

karen said...

You actually got ANOTHER award, too! http://muffinfixation.blogspot.com/2010/05/oh-my-blog-again-awesome.html
I tweeted to you about it but forgot to post it to you here, too :)

JourneyBeyondSurvival said...

Great work lady. You're doing it!

Aylilth said...

Hey that is awesome work girl!!!

And congrats on the double awards!!!

Happy Fun Pants said...

Congrats on the awards AND on the loss. :)

And also? Thanks for your very nice words about my blog and my writing style. It really REALLY meant a lot. :)

Anonymous said...

Good for you, what with all your awards and weight loss and your victory over cake!

Joy said...

Congratulations on the weight loss. Your hard work is paying off. Keep up the fantastic work!!! Hugs!

Unknown said...

Great loss for the week! 1.6lbs is great considering what you had to resist.
You asked how I could exercise so much. I get up at 4:15a.m. and workout for ~50 minutes, and then I try to get out at lunch to walk for an hour, then after work, I either go to Hot Yoga, or I go to see my PT for a Strength training session. Then on the weekends, I do a repeat and add in walking.
This week, I only have had time to do the first thing in the morning thing. It isn't easy and I get pretty tired but I actually miss it now if I don't do as much!

SG said...

woooo hooo!!! dont you just love it when the scale goes down?? sounds like youre doing great!

Aisha said...

Whew! What a week! Congrats on the loss and the pile of awards!

Tricia said...

congrats, on the awards, loss and avoiding the cake!

big_mummy said...

9lb? for reals?? nice one. Congrats

well done on avoiding the cakes! You are awesome, I don't think I could lol.

Arcticmal said...

Congrats!!! WOOHOO!!!!
Good job on the cakes... I think I may have caved here and there!!!! Keep up the great work!!!!

Kenlie said...

Wow..this is fantastic! You're not too far away from the 2's...keep this up lady! You're doing great! :)