Pages

5/27/10

Blog Award Buffet

Ok, Yesterday I counted up my grand tally of awards and found that I had - drum roll please -

4

Yeah, 4. That's a lot all at once. Contrary to what some may think at this point in the post - I am not tooting my own horn, as the saying goes. I am merely trying to give credit and thanks to where it is due. Along with passing them on, and fulfilling all requirements.

So here's the plan. I am going to list all 4 awards, where they came from, how grateful I am for them, and the things you need to do when accepting said award. Then I am going to pick 7 bloggers to pass them onto, and those bloggers can come here and choose which award they want. Sorta like a Choose Your Own Adventure Buffet. I'd love to do them all individually, but I don't have that kind of time. Whew - Ok, let's get going.

1.) I got this Sunshine Award from Sylvia at Big Steps 2 Take. Sylvia cracks me up - plus I love her blog layout. There are no acceptance conditions - Just post and pass it on.

2.) Then I got the Beautiful Blogger award from Blue at The Missing Piece. Blue is awesome, her comments make me feel very cared about! So, if you pick this one you have to list 7 things about yourself that people don't know, and pass it on to 7 other bloggers.

 3.) I also got the Beautiful Blogger Award from Brandi at La Vida Subida. She gave me a great compliment when listing  me as recipient, I was touched to see that she can relate to me. Who knew? Anyway, same conditions as the one above - I'm really posting this so I can give a proper thank you to Brandi!


4.) Then Karen over at muffin fixation gave me the Oh My Blog! award! She's another totally awesome blogger that seems to like me, and asked for my Jack Sh*t widget. It's amazing the connections you make with perfect strangers! I love the blogoshpere. I really do. So anywho,the rules are:


1. Get really excited that you got the coolest award EVER!
2. Choose ONE of the following options of accepting the OMB award:
(a) Get really drunk and blog for 15 minutes straight, or for as long as you can focus.
(b) Write about your most embarrassing moment.
(c) Write a “Soundtrack of your childhood” post.
(d) Make your next blog a ‘vlog’/video blog. Basically, you’re talking to the camera about whatever.
(e) Take a picture of yourself first thing in the morning, before you do anything else (hair, makeup, etc) and post it.
3. Pass this award onto at least 3, but preferably more, awesome bloggers as yourself. Don’t forget to tell them.

 And no, I didn't forget to fulfill my requirements.

My choices for passing this on are - in no particular order -

1. Smasher Girl @ Smasher Girl - always so encouraging!
2. Buzzy & Breezelys Mama @ The Fat Chick Weigh - This woman amazes me, since the first moment of reading her blog - I felt like if I lived in her area we'd have been best friends for years.
3. Lianna @ Welcome To ObeCity - My heart goes out to her, she's dealing with some stuff, and trying to lose weight. Hop on over and give her pick me up!
4. Dagny @ what needs to be done now? - a very strong lady, who's not afraid to speak her mind! I love it!
5. Mrs. Happy Pants @ Mrs. Happy Pants - her name rocks, and so does her humor.
6. Happy Fun Pants @ Smaller Fun Pants - Cuz she's such a pleasure to read! So easy, so humorous, so identifiable! Or maybe I just have a thing about names with "pants" in them....
7. Last but not least, Journey Beyond Survival. Her amazing blog post on the impossible - I don't even have words to express how truly inspiring it was. I have it bookmarked.

And here's my list of -
7 Things about myself that no one knows?  Here goes....


1. I have to have everything symmetrical. All the knick-knacks on my dresser, the stuff on the dashboard of my car. Even my computer screen icons have to be symmetrical and in order.

2. I can't suck on a piece of hard candy, or a lollipop. I end up chewing it up. It never fails.

3. I like The Sims video games. But only because I get to put in the cheat code, give myself millions of simoleans, and build the dream houses I know I will never have in real life. I don't really care if all the Sims I make pee on themselves. I just look at the houses.

4. I like Rainbow Brite. When I was a child, I wanted that magic bag of sparkles that put color on everything. I also wanted a white horse that could walk on rainbows.

5. I have this terrible urge to dye my hair again. Maybe red this time...except I look like crap with red hair.

6. I adore word games. I read all the time, own over 500 books....so I like to test my knowledge.

7. I'm pregnant.

      Ok, not really...but that's the kind of information you were REALLY looking for, isn't it?



So there you have it. I will post a picture of myself first thing in the morning, tomorrow - first thing in the morning. So see ya then...

13 comments:

Karen@WaistingTime said...

Oh I love symmetry too! But in a different way. I eat my food evenly on both sides of my mouth. (A grape for the left, a grape for the right.) And at the gym if the trainer does more reps on one side, I have to even it out. It cracks up my mom when we work out together.

brandi said...

I'm all about symmetry! It makes me feel calm and I need that!

You're getting all of these awards because your blog is frankly fantastic! Keep up the good work!

Happy Fun Pants said...

Dude. I can't believe you called me "easy."

You weren't supposed to tell!

:)

Thanks for the award!!! :)

Teale said...

Congrats on the awards!!!

karen said...

My need for symmetry drives people around me CRAZY sometimes! I also have this need to have all of John's toys sorted by type in his toy crates. All Disney figures in one ... unless their Cars. They go in one of their one. all of the non-movie cars in another. So on and so forth. Yet ... if you looked at the house in general? You wouldn't guess that I had an anal ... uhh ... obsessive ... uh ... "neat" bone in my body :)

karen said...

Oh ... and for The Sims ... I used to be obsessed. I kept trying to see what would happen if I used cheats to get biological family members to hook up. Would they end up with alien babies???

Anonymous said...

Kick ASS!
My very first blog award! I'll have to think about which one I want...
And the buffet where I don't have to worry about eating anything and getting fatter=doubly awesome.

Anonymous said...

Awww thank you for thinkin of me!
I'm going to pick the Oh My Blog award. I'll have to think about which option I'm going to choose though!
TY!!

JourneyBeyondSurvival said...

Thanks so much! What kind words! Oh My Blog is such a fun award. I always love getting them. Thanks again. You are hilarious and witty. I love your blog.

Kenlie said...

I love love love your blog. Just saying.

Lori said...

Congratulations on the awards! I like Sims too, especially decorating the houses - that's the best part! I really like your blog layout and colors BTW.

fatty blogsticks said...

i was thinking about what my seven things are going to be, and i reckon i could cut and paste yours! too similar!

symmetry - i totally have ocd. i spend waay too much time making things right.

candy - chewing's inevitable.

the sims - ok, i lied about this one. i haven't played the sims, but i've been told by a bazillion people that i would go absolutely nuts for it.

rainbow brite was my hero. i loved her sprite best of all. and that white unicorn ... oh!

red hair - it's a frequent dilemma.

up the duff - me too. just kiddin!

SG said...

thank you sooooo much!! YOU are always so encouraging! i loved rainbow brite tooooo. i had a baby brite doll....but my brother got mad at me one time and wrote all over her face with black marker. so sad. the tragedies of childhood....