Pages

9/1/11

Great.....Now All I Want Is A Candy Bar....

Ok, so I've been doing a lot of blog reading. And the one thing I'm noticing is that people who are trying to lose weight seem to set goals for themselves.

Huh. Goals. What is this - how you say? -  "goals"? Yeah, I don't do that too often. My goals are kind of like.."I want not to be a fatass." and " try not to buy all the cheese in the grocery store". Stuff like that.

Since setting goals seems to be an important weight loss tool, I have decided to try and set a few. Plus, it's September first - so it's a good day to start.

1. I am going to give up chocolate for the month of September. I know it sounds nuts - but I need to teach myself what the word "No" means. (except, in my head it looks more like "NO".) So, no chocolate. And no replacing said chocolate with bagfuls of non-chocolate candy. The point is to try and curb my sweet tooth. Because my sweet tooth makes my butt fat.
There were so many yummy pictures to choose from....

2. Wake up every weekday at 9 am. I know that sounds normal - but you have to understand. I am a housewife, with no job, and only one child - who is about 25 years old in a 10 year old's body. I am homeschooling him this year - so I need some structure. Enter the waking up at 9 am idea.

So, that's it for now. If I can do these 2 things - for just a month, at least - than I can achieve more, later on. I totally suck at sticking to anything. Ever. Plus it will give me something more to blog about.  Here goes.

I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

billiec2000 said...

I don't tell myself "No" enough, either. That's how I got to where I am.

Also homeschooling, I hear getting up at a set time is a good idea. ;) Best of luck to you.